Saturday, September 14, 2013

More then one way to be happy

I am a huge fan of scrapbooking. I love pictures. I look at them, and remember so many happy memories. I love preserving those happy memories.

For years, I built up my scrapbook supplies thinking "when I have kids, I will be ready to document every second of their lives." I invested lots of money in those supplies. Those supplies gathered dust as we rode the infertility roller coaster.

As the ride reached its end, I realized, I could still use those supplies. Josh & I have our own adventures, but what I love documenting the most, is my nephews. They are a big part of my life and they bring me so much happiness.

Just last night, I got my newest order of prints in the mail. I scrapbook for myself, but I also try to do it for my mom and my sister.  So any picture order I have is huge, because I will order at least 3 of each print. Multiple in birthday's, fishing, holidays, etc. and it really is a huge project I bring onto myself.

But I love it. It helps me remember I don't have to be a mother to have happiness in my life. Being an aunt has brought more joy into my life then I even imagined. 

From time to time, I will have people imply that I can't be happy, based simply on the fact I am not a mother. But I have found, there are more paths to happiness than just mother hood. When I look at all my pictures, I think my heart will explode from all the love I have for those four boys I have in my life. I can't imagine my life being any different.

I'm glad there are more ways to happiness then just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment