Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Surrounded by mothers

I had an experience this weekend, and even though I'm still not sure what to think of it, I wanted to write it down.

I struggled off and on for the last few weeks about still being childless. Some days the waiting just seems to be too much and I want to give up. I was on the mountain waiting for Josh to call me back and in the quite of my car, I once again found myself pouring out my heart and soul to my Heavenly Father.

"Why must we wait so long?"

"What am I supposed to be learning from this?"

"Will we be parents soon?"

"Why can't I just be a mother already?"

In the midst of all my questions, I looked up at the road. A deer was crossing the road. Halfway across she looked back to watch her fawn cross with her. When she reached the other side of the road, she stopped again to make sure the fawn was still with her.

I don't believe this was coincidence. I believe that I needed to be reminded that motherhood happens in nature. Once again, I was able to find the peace that I go looking for so often.


1 comment:

  1. WOW Savannah- That is seriously such a tender and sacred experience!!! Thank you so much for sharing it. I too have asked those questions! I think that perhaps it was Heavenly Father letting you know that IT WILL HAPPEN and that the time is soon. That was my first thought anyway!!! :0) No matter what though, how awesome is it that Heavenly Father loves you so much to give you such a beautiful answer at a time when you needed it most!

    ReplyDelete